Chlorine bleach is tough on your clothes, the environment and your wallet, so replace that bulky jug with something better: a lemon. The only thing it's tough on is dirt.
○ To Whiten Clothes
Add a cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to boost the whitening action of your laundry detergent.
○ To Remove Stains from Clothing
Pour lemon juice over the stain. Then, rub the area with salt; and place the garment out in the sun for several hours.
○ To Remove Stains from Countertops and Other Hard Surfaces
Create a paste of lemon juice and baking soda. Then, apply the mixture to the stain, and allow it to sit for several hours.
○ To Sanitize
Rub half of a lemon over the surface that needs to be sanitized, or apply lemon juice straight from the bottle.
○ Why This Works
The citric acid in lemons acts as a natural stain remover, bleach and sanitizer.
○ Benefits of Using Lemon as a Bleach:
• gentle on clothes and (most) surfaces
• natural sanitizer
• effective whitener/stain remover
• kid and pet-safe
1) Do not clean marble with lemon. This can lead to etching.
2) Use a paste of lemon juice and baking soda to remove stains from plastic storage containers.