The home remedies for cancer include consumption of broccoli, grapes, ginseng, myrrh, green tea, aloe vera, lycopene, maitake mushroom, soybeans, and wheat grass in ether direct or indirect forms. Cancer is a disease that is characterized by the presence of continuously dividing cells. Initially localized at a point called a tumor, these cells later distribute throughout the body via the blood or lymphatic system, and eventually results in death.
Cancer is caused by a number of external or internal stimuli. Various kinds of cancer show their symptoms in different ways. Certain home remedies exist that aim at preventing cancer, while several others focus on stimulating the activities of the immune system. There are also certain kinds of foods that are beneficial when taken by patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
Cancer is a disease wherein a malignant growth of cells occurs that can be stated as a continuous division of cells. This appears as lumps, but if not detected at its early stages, it might lead to cancer in other parts of the body via the blood and lymphatic system, eventually leading to the death of the individual.
○ Types Of Cancer
Cancer can manifest in a variety of different types based on their origins or mode of cell growth. Some of the most widely occurring cancer types are as follows:
Leukemia: Cancer of blood forming cells.
Lymphoma: Cancer of the immune system cells.
Carcinoma: Cancer of the skin or outer cover-forming tissues
Sarcoma: Cancer of the supportive tissues like cartilage and blood vessels.
CNS Cancer: Cancer of the components of the central nervous system like the spinal cord and brain.
Cells are induced to divide due to certain external or internal stimuli. In this state, if the growth of cells is localized, detectable, and can be removed, it is called a benign tumor. These can be treated or removed via surgery. If the cells have traveled to distant body parts and started their division again, it is a malignant tumor or cancer. This cannot be cured and often ends up in the death of an individual.
Cancer shows various signs depending on the type of cancer, but in general, it is characterized by the following symptoms:
• Unusual discharge from body
• Persistent cough
• Lumps at the place of tumor
• Changes in the bladder or bowel movements
• Slow healing of wounds
• Changes in shape or size of existing moles
Though not directly curable, cancer can be prevented by certain precautionary measures and a balanced lifestyle. Once it has begun, it can be slowed down or put into dormancy, but it can never be completely eliminated. However, by eating healthy and nutritious food, you can ward off incoming pathogens and activate the immune system to fight against the cancerous cells. Research published in Journal of the American College of Nutrition lists foods to be avoided to reduce risk of cancer. An additional dietary regime is to be followed as the patient undergoes chemical or radiation therapy that tends to show various side effects like hair loss and nausea.
○ Home Remedies For Cancer
• Broccoli: Broccoli has been found to be beneficial in treating certain kinds of colorectal cancers. These should be taken in the form of sprouts. Broccoli contains certain phytochemicals that have the ability to fight against cancer cells, but the exact compound has yet not been identified. These act as antioxidants and contain enzymes that aid in the detoxification of the body.
• Grapes: Grapes also contain a compound called proanthocyanidins that reduce the body’s estrogen production. This leads to the effective treatment of lung, prostate, colon and breast cancer.
• Ginseng: Ginseng helps in building resistance, and fights off infectious agents that seek to damage the body.
• Myrrh: Myrrh is an herb with a wide range of properties including anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal qualities. It is a good home remedy for the treatment of all kinds of cancer.
• Green Tea: Prepare herbal green tea by boiling some in a glass of water until the volume is reduced by half. This has anti-inflammatory properties as well and is very effective against breast, prostate, liver, pancreatic and skin cancer.
• Soybeans: According to the MD Anderson Cancer Center, soybeans contain phytoestrogens and several other entities that block cancerous cells from using estrogen. It also contains isoflavones that are needed for the prevention of cancer in its early stages. It can be taken either as sprouts or as cooked vegetables and demonstrates positive prevention against breast, prostate, colon and lung cancer.
• Low-carb diet: Home remedies for cancer include intake of low-carb diet. Findings of a recent study suggests that intake of low-carb diet may reduce risk of colon cancer. Research suggests that low calorie diet may slow down the spread of breast cancer. New study suggests that a diet rich in dairy products may slightly extend lives of people diagnosed with colon cancer.
• Wheat Grass: This is known to be advantageous to many cancer patients. Wheat grass taken in the form of juice or in its raw form is shown to retard the growth of cancer cells as demonstrated by the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. It has the ability to enhance the immune system and gets rid of toxins and waste products.
• Juicing: It is an established fact that juices are rich sources of vitamins and nutrients. Freshly obtained juice from fruits like apples, bananas, mangoes, and cherries should be given to cancer patients on a regular basis. This aids in boosting the immune system of the individual, making them strong enough to fight the incoming pathogens.
• Aloe Vera: This herb can be consumed raw in the form of jelly. It is effective against both prostate and lung cancer.
• Lycopene: According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, lycopene is found in abundant quantities in tomatoes, guava, papayas, grapes, apricots, and watermelon. These antioxidant compounds are even more effective then carotenoids in the removal of free radicals that stimulate cell division. Lycopene is effective in the treatment of prostate, lung, and stomach cancer.
• Maitake Mushroom: As per the PDR Health, maitake or “dancing mushrooms” are good for the alternative treatment of cancer. They are known to increase the efficacy of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. They also reduce the side effects of these therapies by preventing hair loss and nausea. They can be consumed raw or grilled because cooking them absorbs a lot of the beneficial oils that they contain.
• Exercise: Research suggests that exercising an hour daily reduces the risk of contracting breast cancer in women of any age and any weight. Research also suggests that physical activity and healthy diet may help to reduce risk of cancer.
• Olive Oil: Olive oil is known for its health benefits. It also reduces risk of cancer. Recent research study suggests that hydroxytyrosol, a major component of olive oil may help prevent breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
It is good to have cucumbers, carrots, bananas, corn, spinach, peas and lentils if you are a patient suffering from cancer. These can be consumed in soups, which prove to be very nutritious.
According to a recent study, intake of vegetable protein, vegetable fat, dietary fiber, and nuts during adolescence may help to reduce risk of breast cancer. Cancer patients are also advised to have lentils or sprouts as they are rich in protein.
It is advised to cut down on hot dogs, beef, lamb and pork as they contain a high amount of saturated fats. Eating less quantities of red meat would reduce the risk of prostate and colon cancer as well.